Crimson & Chamomile

Crimson & Chamomile

Friday 22 May 2015

Fashion & Social Anxiety: The Connection

Social anxiety can often cause a high level of public self-consciousness. Individuals with social anxiety may perceive themselves as social objects and to be particularly concerned with their public self-presentation.
&
 Fashion variety and quality can aid such symptom management.

Social Anxiety




One behaviourally based approach is called "Fashion Exposure". As detailed on the  Social Anxiety Website, some more specific examples of this approach:

1) Wear something different each day.

2) If you are nervous about shorts and short-sleeves, wear them, often.

3) Wear quality, regularly.

Shop the look inspired by this topic above. I do know first hand that dressing in a fun, unique, true to me, way, has helped me to have the confidence I need to live a positive, fearless, 'I am the captain of my own ship', life and minimize social anxiety.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment