Crimson & Chamomile

Crimson & Chamomile

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Day One: Eliminating Wardrobe Clutter: Separating Donations from Consignment from Anxiety.

My guest, leopard print, bed looks like an overwhelming pile of 'maybe I should just keep it'.

My guest room is small and claustrophobic, making the anxiety of  the separation all the more deal.

I can do this.



I separate the gowns that a local consignment shop, near volume, in Milton, is currently accepting. Whatever I can part ways with pre-concrete move to Ottawa, ON, I must.

Although each gown represents a moment in time for me, I know there will be new moments in time and these pieces will not be considered in being part of.

They can be a new moment for someone else. Perhaps this moment will be as sacred as a first prom, a close relatives wedding, an engagement photoshoot, a wedding rehearsal dinner.

I chose to consign these pieces as I cannot stand the thought of shoving in a garbage bag. And secondly, but more importantly, the money that is returned will be a reminder to me my new upcoming fancy moment, with their new/old pieces, and potential upgrades in line with budget, are awaiting.

Today is the start to a fancier, fresher, yet more frugal future....or a fail.

Stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment